About the role
You will be driven with a determination to develop across multiple key disciplines in the data engineering and science field along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to help make data accessible to our customers. You will embrace the changing landscape of the Google Cloud Platform and Google Marketing Platform to help deliver to our customers innovative and leading-edge solutions in managing and leveraging their data.
You will be well versed in the Google Cloud Platform, specialising in BigQuery SQL along with complimentary Statistical Programming languages (bonus points for Python), with proven experience working with data in a fast-paced working environment; bonus points for working with marketing-related data!
You will be a confident communicator who’s able to articulate the real value that quality insight can bring to an organisation, whilst working collaboratively to use and interpret data to solve complex business and marketing questions. Your work will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and publishing data.
You will be passionate about using science and statistics to produce meaningful interpretations of data for client stakeholders from digital analytics, performance marketing and other sources. Your work will be centred on unlocking insights and automating the use of business-critical datasets in BigQuery (using SQL, Dataflow, Cloud Functions, Apps scripts and Data Studio) in a commercial setting for some pretty prestigious & well-known clients!
You will have experience or exposure in using data for data engineering, automation, predictive modelling, cluster analysis and a plus if you have experience in machine learning - and be able to present technical concepts (both deep and high-level) to client stakeholders, adjusting to your audience accordingly.
- Extensive SQL ideally on cloud-based platforms especially knowledgeable on Google Analytics (UA and GA4) data streams
- Good analytic and development Python (using notebooks like Jupyter or Colabs) or similar languages used for data analysis, such as R or SAS
- Knowledge of cloud databases and data warehousing solutions
- Good experience with the Google Analytics console
- Google Marketing Platform
- A good foundation on Google Cloud Platform functionality
- Technical documentation
- Data Studio and Tableau, Firebase, Sheets, Colabs, predictive analytics, tag manager, dataflow
- Extracting, manipulating and transforming data from APIs and Data sources (e.g. Google Analytics reporting API, BigQuery, SQL)
- Advanced use of data visualisation, reporting and dashboard tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Looker, Google Sheets, Excel, Power BI, Tableau)
- Knowledge of databases and data warehousing solutions (especially Google BigQuery)
- Technical documentation
- Proven understanding of Google Analytics (ideally certified as GAIQ), Google Analytics 360 and Firebase.
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing, online acquisition channels (PPC, SEO, email / CRM) and the importance of attribution
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of internet technologies (i.e. client-server apps / cookies / browsers)
- Scripting languages, programming and automation (e.g. with Python, Google App Scripts)
- Delivery of analysis and reporting/ data visualisation
- Data warehouse development and maintenance
- Data wrangling and table development
- Automation and GCP support
- Building products and technical documentation
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly planning sessions
- Mentoring and pairing with other team members
- Requirements gathering – with internal team and client stakeholders
- Accountable for integrity in data reporting and interpretation
- Responsible for testing and monitoring of deliverables
- Occasional travel possible, within the UK or abroad
Perks of the job
- Up to 25 days a year holiday as standard plus bonus extra holidays at Christmas (typically 3 days, on top of the Bank Holidays) and on your birthday!
- Additional holiday buy back scheme (up to 10 extra days).
- 3 charity days a year - to give back to good causes.
- Healthcare and pension schemes.
- Own a piece of the company with share options.
Even though our HQ is in the SE of England (just outside Brighton), since the pandemic, we are now a distributed team - working all over the UK. The expectation is that we will continue to work in a distributed way but will want to see each other from time to time IRL too! We don’t anticipate this role requiring much in the way of time in the office, but if you live locally or want to get some in-person time with the team it’s there for you to use. Additionally, we expect all the team to get together over a weekend once a year for our annual company retreat.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com – including your CV and a brief intro about yourself. If you are a recruiter, note that we only work with a *very* short preferred supplier list of selected recruiters. Please don’t call the office!