As a data analyst, your SQL chops will be top notch, with proven experience working with data in a fast paced working environment; bonus points for working with marketing related data!
You will be a confident communicator who’s able to articulate the real value that quality insight can bring to an organisation, whilst working collaboratively to use and interpret data to solve complex business and marketing questions. Your work will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and publishing data.
You will be passionate about using science and statistics to produce meaningful interpretations of data for client stakeholders from digital analytics and other sources. Your work will be centred on unlocking insights and automating the use of business-critical datasets in BigQuery in a commercial setting for some pretty prestigious & well known clients!
You will have experience or exposure in using data for attribution modelling, predictive modelling, cluster analysis and machine learning - and be able to present technical concepts (both deep and high-level) to client stakeholders, adjusting to your audience accordingly.
Languages, tools & platforms
- Strong SQL
- Some Python (using notebooks like Jupyter or Colabs) or similar languages used for data analysis, such as R or SAS
Desirable (we are big Google fans but you may have been using other tools)
- Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Firebase, Google Sheets, Google Colabs
- Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform
Skills & Competencies
- Extracting, manipulating and transforming data from APIs and Data sources (e.g. Google Analytics reporting API, BigQuery, SQL)
- Advanced use of data visualisation, reporting and dashboard tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Looker, Google Sheets, Excel, Power BI, Tableau)
- Knowledge of databases and data warehousing solutions (especially Google Big Query)
- Technical documentation
- Proven understanding of Google Analytics (ideally certified as GAIQ), Google Analytics 360 and Firebase.
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing, online acquisition channels (PPC, SEO, email / CRM) and the importance of attribution
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Understanding of internet technologies (i.e. client-server apps / cookies / browsers)
- Scripting languages, programming and automation (e.g. with Python, Google App Scripts)
- Delivery of analysis and reporting/ data visualisation
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly planning sessions
- Mentoring and pairing with other team members
- Requirements gathering – with internal team and client stakeholders
- Accountable for integrity in data reporting and interpretation
- Responsible for testing and monitoring of deliverables
- Occasional travel possible, within the UK or abroad
Perks of the job
- Healthcare scheme
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Yoga classes
- Bonus extra holiday at Christmas and your birthday
- and so much more!
Remote-first / WFH / Lewes HQ (with regular IRL socials and meetings expected in Brighton / London)
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org – including your CV and a brief intro about yourself.
We are continually speaking to potential applicants, so get yours in now!
If you are a recruiter, note that we only work with a *very* short preferred supplier list of selected recruiters. Please don’t call the office!