About the role
Digital Analysts at Measurelab are the beating pulse behind our client engagements. Responsible for delivering powerful insights, reporting, and generally being the ‘Google Analytics guru’, they help ensure the continued success of all our clients.
This new role is to join a team to focus on a specific workstream for one of our major clients - Google Store and Google Retail (in EMEA and APAC). The current team is composed of people from a variety of backgrounds who all enjoy the fast paced, interesting challenges that come with working on a major client engagement, which involves creating dynamic insights and discussions as a result of getting stuck into the work (which is mainly Google Analytics and BigQuery focused) as well as meeting with stakeholders to present stories from the data.
We’re looking for someone who loves to dive into Google Analytics - whether it’s exporting data from the user interface and manipulating this in Sheets ready to tell the next big story from the data, to setting up regular reporting using a BigQuery connector or the API, to assisting the wider team in creating custom segmentation or providing quick yet powerful reporting from GA. We want someone who can take a question from the marketing or sales team, be confident in the results they are pulling by debugging, QAing and translating this back to the team into actionable insights and discussions. If you’ve got experience providing reporting and insights for campaigns to stakeholders, whilst more importantly being confident in the data you are providing and working with wider teams on any blockers (e.g. needing more context from marketing team, or clarifying tracking issues), this one's for you.
Digital Analysts at Measurelab act as the bridge between our world and the clients’ - therefore the ability to gauge and adjust your lingo to different audiences with different levels of technical understanding is paramount to being successful.
- Advanced Google Analytics experience, including working with the API. This includes tasks such as drilling into Enhanced Ecommerce, creating sequential segments, page sequence analysis, attribution projects etc.
- Advanced experience with Google Sheets (pivot tables, advanced functions)
- Ability to translate data into clear and concise reporting and then manage this process
- A passion for data and the confidence to impart the technical implications for the services we bring
- Experience of conducting Google Analytics Audits, preferably for clients or businesses operating in eCommerce
- Advanced experience with Data Studio for reporting / dashboarding
- A flair for good documentation practices & the ability to think calmly and logically in demanding situations!
- Having worked in a similar position, leading client relationships in an agency setting
- Ability to run basic SQL functions and flavour to grow this skill
- Exposure or experience in contract negotiation and the commercial aspects of working with clients
- Google Tag Manager Audit experience
- BigQuery experience
- Maintain consistency in delivery of analysis – beating the drum of an ongoing approach to delivery but also picking out any opportunities for further development of insights
- Partner closely with stakeholders and team members to identify and meet requirements, to deliver analytics solutions
- Evolve and adapt processes within the major client team, learning from other members of the team and working together to streamline processes within the different workstreams
- Work closely with the implementation team to ensure integrity of analytics data (e.g. implementation of measurement frameworks, data collection and reporting configurations)
- Occasional travel possible, within the UK or abroad
Perks of the job
- Up to 25 days a year holiday as standard plus bonus extra holidays at Christmas (typically 3 days, on top of the Bank Holidays) and on your birthday!
- Additional holiday buy back scheme (up to 10 extra days).
- 3 charity days a year - to give back to good causes.
- Healthcare and pension schemes.
- Own a piece of the company with share options.
Even though our HQ is in the SE of England (just outside Brighton), since the pandemic, we are now a distributed team - working all over the UK. The expectation is that we will continue to work in a distributed way but will want to see each other from time to time IRL too! We don’t anticipate this role requiring much in the way of time in the office, but if you live locally or want to get some in-person time with the team it’s there for you to use. Additionally, we expect all the team to get together over a weekend once a year for our annual company retreat.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org – including your CV and a brief intro about yourself. If you are a recruiter, note that we only work with a *very* short preferred supplier list of selected recruiters. Please don’t call the office!