Lead Analytics Specialist
DATA ENGINEERING | DATA SCIENCE
We are looking for an experienced Lead Analytics Specialist (data engineer / data scientist) to join our team of analytics specialists to:
- Spearhead our offering in the area of Data Science, Data Engineering, analysis and Business Intelligence
- Take charge of our approach and processes we adopt
- Lead and grow the team to service this offering
This role would suit an experienced Data Engineer, Data Scientist or Digital Analyst with a solid background leading a team and working with marketing and ecommerce data in Google Analytics 360, Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform.
The ideal candidate will be a Google Cloud Professional Certified (e.g. Data Engineer or Cloud Architect) - if not, then you will be supported to achieve this in your first few months. With a numerate degree (or demonstrable foundational ability with numbers and statistics) and more than seven years industry experience - several of which would have been in an agency, consultancy or client-facing environment. You will be comfortable working with multiple and fast paced demands, liaising with senior client stakeholders, 3rd parties and team members to use and interpret data to frame and solve complex business and marketing questions.
You will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and publishing data. You should be able to design, build, operationalise, secure, and monitor data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security and compliance; scalability and efficiency; reliability and fidelity; and flexibility and portability. You should also be able to work with, deploy, and continuously train pre-existing machine learning models.
You will be passionate about using science and statistics to produce meaningful interpretations of data for client stakeholders from digital analytics and other sources. Your work will be centred on unlocking insights and automating the use of business-critical datasets in BigQuery (using Dataflow, Cloud Functions, Apps scripts and Data Studio) in a commercial setting. You will have a proven track record in using data for attribution modelling, predictive modelling, cluster analysis and machine learning - and be able to present technical concepts (both deep and high-level) to client stakeholders, adjusting to your audience accordingly.
You will have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with extensive experience in people and product development. In particular you will be able to develop, define and execute on strategies to lead and grow a strong team of data specialists.
- Extracting, manipulating and transforming data from APIs and Data sources (e.g. Google Analytics reporting API, BigQuery, SQL)
- Advanced use of data visualisation, reporting and dashboard tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Looker, Google Sheets, Excel, Power BI, Tableau)
- Knowledge of databases and data warehousing solutions (especially Google Big Query)
- Knowledge of pipeline / ETL tools and techniques (e.g. Fivetran, dbt)
- Technical documentation
- Proven understanding of Google Analytics (ideally certified as GAIQ), Google Analytics 360 and Firebase.
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing, online acquisition channels (PPC, SEO, email / CRM) and the importance of attribution
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Understanding of internet technologies (i.e. client-server apps / cookies / browsers)
- Scripting languages, programming and automation (e.g. with Python, R, Google App Scripts)
- Delivery of analysis and reporting/ data visualisation
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly planning sessions
- Developing team capabilities - from day-to-day to long-term mission
- Mentoring and supporting other team members
- Requirements gathering – with internal team and client stakeholders
- Accountable for integrity in data reporting and interpretation
- Responsible for testing and monitoring of deliverables
- Occasional travel possible, within the UK or abroad
Perks of the job
- Healthcare scheme
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Yoga classes
- Bonus extra holiday at Christmas and your birthday
- and so much more!
How to apply
Please email email@example.com – including your CV and a brief intro about yourself.
We are continually speaking to potential applicants, so get yours in now!
If you are a recruiter, note that we only work with a *very* short preferred supplier list of selected recruiters. Please don’t call the office!