At a glance
What you’ll learn
How to effectively use Google Tag Manager to implement Google Analytics and other tracking tags on your website.
6 hours in total, spread across two 3-hour sessions on different days. Delivered live online, which are recorded for future reference. Or delivered live in-person across one full day.
- Account structure and orientation – how to get set up and navigate your way around the tool.
- Tags, triggers and variables – explaining the core building blocks of GTM and how they interact.
- The data layer – how the data layer fits into GTM and what it’s useful for.
Pageview tagging in GTM
- Templated tags – deploying some of the predefined out-of-the-box templated tags on all pages.
- Custom tags – deploy custom HTML tags when there is no template available to be used.
- Page targeting – tigger tags on a specific page, or set of pages by creating new custom triggers.
Dynamic tagging in GTM
- Using variables – exploring how to use the built-in and user-defined variables.
- Click-based triggers – looking at how to add tags that fire when links have been clicked.
- Triggers groups and exclusions – building new multifaceted triggers based inclusion and exlusion conditions.
Systemising tag deployment
- Versioning and QA – using Preview Mode to test your changes before publishing.
- Consent management – learning how GTM handles and respects user consent choices across your tags.
- Best practices – how to effectively manage and deploy your GTM containers.
In-house, in-person training
Additional training modules
Frequently Asked Questions
What attendees said
Meet your expert instructors
Enquire about this course
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Or call +44(0)20 3920 0387 to discuss your requirements and find a date that works for you.